Friday, April 16, 2010

How to ignore your Parish!

This old post of mine, shows ,that so many long time OLLMP parishioners tried to
understand what the Pastor was doing, and his reply, indicates his attitude:
Is it just me? No not at all. Here is an old post of mine, showing the Pompas attitude of our Pastor,
and why OLLMP is in its present state:
A parishioner sent me this excellent email which she sent to Msgr. Lisante yesterday. His response follows below.

Monsignor Lisante:

Why has the beloved Fatima statue been posted in the back of Our Lady of Lourdes? Why? Is this meant as just another slap in the face to the parish’s “Masoniacs”, as they’ve been dubbed or is this something more sinister? I was personally stunned last June to learn that this most beautiful religious symbol of Our Lady was dumped in a closet; while the back of the church is certainly preferable to the closet...why must She be demoted at all? What is it about this image that is so repugnant to you?

An infallible and unmistakable sign by which we can distinguish a heretic, a man of false doctrine, an enemy of God, from one of God's true friends is that the heretic and the hardened sinner show nothing but contempt and indifference for Our Lady, and endeavor, by word and example, openly or insidiously----sometimes under specious pretexts----to belittle the love and veneration shown to her.--- St. Louis de Montfort in True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin

Honestly, Monsignor, with all due respect, I continue to be dumbfounded by your actions and open malevolence towards the faithful of this parish and symbols of such. I continue to be saddened and disappointed to see this lovely parish degrade spiritually. You talk of tolerance and benevolence, yet you hold neither of these for the parishioners that built this church.

I have attended Mass faithfully, supported events, volunteered repeatedly and loved this parish for over 20 years. I will not leave it, no matter how offensive the environment may become. This is my parish home, my children’s parish home; why is that so impossible for you to respect?

I will continue to pray for your soul. I will continue to pray for Our Lady of Lourdes. The only solace I have is knowing that Our Father sees all and hears our prayers, I have peace knowing that He is a kind and loving God and a just God!

Most sincerely,

__________
OLL Parishioner since 1987

Here is Msgr. Lisante's evasive and irrelevant reply:

Dear _________:

Thank you for your letter. My devotion to Our Lady is deeply felt. And is no less than your own.

I thank you for the goodness and respect you offered in writing me directly.

In the Lord of Life, I am

Sincerely,

Monsignor Jim Lisante

(that response could have been written by anyone,
it is devoid of any relevance or feelings.)

No comments: